Hunting Boots Search

I'm needing advice on a great pair of walking boots to hunt hilly places with some rocky soil. There will be small ditches with some water in them, but can probably avoid most water places as I'm talking about hilly places. Would be nice if they can repel and turn water. They need to be stable on hilly ridges and rocky places souls for climbing are all right. Not to heavy I hope.  Must be a slip on boot 10 to 14 inches tall. No laces as I don't bend over to good any more to tie a boot. Not worried about snake proof as I'll be wearing them in the winter only. Willing to spend 300.00 to 400.00. Please advise.... Thanks Dave

Dave,

I am terrible on boots, wear them out fast, between Oct 1 and May 1, i spend over 100 days in boots, sometimes 1/2, other times all day:roflmao: I require a boot to be non lace, 100% waterproof and comfortable on feet, and provided good traction on All terrain. I have NEVER had a pair last more than 2 full seasons. You can forget, leather or or cordura to provide water proof!!! That leaves rubber or Neoprene. I love the old Lacrossee for durability and waterproof, but they a real pain to get on and off due to the ankle tight fit:roflmao:.They hard to pull off and if you ever step over top in water, dang near have to cut off:roflmao:. Neoprene boots are 100% waterproof, light weight, but are not as resistant to briars, I bought a pair of the Lacrosse Alpha Snake boots, not for snakes but to be more resistant to being torn by briars, which we have plenty of. The pair i have now is on its 3rd season, they look rough, and the neoprene has pulled away from rubber forcing me to patch it, however i think they will make it thru turkey season May1. Then i will have to buy a new pair:roflmao:. They have served me better than any other boot i have owned so far and have met all my requirements. I would be willing to pay more for boots that would last longer, but have resigned myself to the fact that I can tear up the best of them

• Like 1

Oops, I hate the Alpha also for same reason, the ones I have are the  Aerohead Lacrosse, the top of boot flares in back to make putting on and off easier, has a strap to pull tight after putting on, but I never tighten it:roflmao:

Thanks for catching that hillbilly, and come spring, yours will get looked at, maybe sooner:roflmao:

• Like 1

Oops, I hate the Alpha also for same reason, the ones I have are the  Aerohead Lacrosse, the top of boot flares in back to make putting on and off easier, has a strap to pull tight after putting on, but I never tighten it:roflmao: These boots are really light at also

Thanks for catching that hillbilly, and come spring, yours will get looked at, maybe sooner:roflmao:

5 hours ago, Levi said:

Oops, I hate the Alpha also for same reason, the ones I have are the  Aerohead Lacrosse, the top of boot flares in back to make putting on and off easier, has a strap to pull tight after putting on, but I never tighten it:roflmao: These boots are really light at also

Levi I have a pair of the Aerohead Lacrosse and love them. I wear them during the hot months. Thanks Dave

2 hours ago, hillbilly stalker said:

I liked the Aerohead also. Probate most comfortable boot I’ve worn, after 2 years mine tore where the neoprene met the rubber at the back of the heel. If they still made them I would own another pair.

Me to HillBilly. My wife has a brand new pair size 8 that I ordered for her before they discontinued. There out in my shop she has never worn them. I wish I had ordered me a couple of pairs then to. Thanks for your reply. Dave

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Not ready to buy boots yet, but anybody here ever try  the Dryshod brand boot, they priced little under Lacrosse. I am not looking for cheaper, but rather better👍 I am terrible on boots, never had a pair last full 3 years, most don't last 2 full years!!!

33 minutes ago, Levi said:

Not ready to buy boots yet, but anybody here ever try  the Dryshod brand boot, they priced little under Lacrosse. I am not looking for cheaper, but rather better👍 I am terrible on boots, never had a pair last full 3 years, most don't last 2 full years!!!

I have a pair of dry shods. They’ve held up this season. The previous year I had a pair of mucks and I’ll say they held up just as good and are comfortable.