Roper feist pups for sale

LP_Thornsbury

LP you and Hunter has 3 good looking male pups off the cross y'all made over Buck and Katy or Baby which are litter mate sisters off the Cross Larry Sr. "daddymonster" and LP made over Rowdy and Little Daisy. ******* I will give a little history on the Sire Buck: My Sport dog was Buck's Sire and Buck's Dam was  Mr. Richard Turners Mayhem Feist female. Buck's litter mate sister Termite is the Dam to my Toby dog I own and hunt at this time. There was 6 pups out of the cross over Sport and Mayhem, 4 males, JoJo, Buddy, Buck, Little Jay, and 2 females, Termite and Kay/kayos. JoJo treed his first wild squirrel at Richards house 1 day before he turned 3 months old. Termite and Kay treed their first wild squirrel at Richards house 1 week after they turned 3 months old. My Buck and Jay pups treed their first yard squirrel by using their nose only when they were 3 months and 2 weeks old. According to what the man said that bought Buddy he was treeing his yard squirrels when he was 3 months and 2 weeks old. All those pup out of that cross was very early treeing pups. Buck was one of the easiest pup I have ever started and trained. He was/is a very good Road and Walk Pleasure type squirrel dog. LP gave my friend Mr. Wayne Cagle a full litter mate sister "Queenie" to the Dam of these 3 pups that Jessee posted a picture of on here with 9 squirrels that Wayne knocked out to her that she treed during a morning walk hunt when she lacked 1 day being 6 months old. Queenie is the fastest barking treeing female out of all the dogs in my Line of Feist I have heard tree. This Cross LP and son Hunter made over some of my old Line of Feist is the second Cross off the "NEW" Line of Thornsbury Feist. Yes these 3 pups are 100% my old Line of Feist, but they are called Thornsbury Feist because LP and his son Hunter owns the Sire and Dam they made the cross over. When Larry Sr. "daddymonster" and his son LP bred Rowdy to Little Daisy those pups out of that cross are 100% my old Line of Feist, but they were called Thornsbury Feist because Larry Sr. and his son LP owned the Sire and Dam they made the cross over. I was not the breeder or owner of the Sire or Dam, so you will not see my name as breeder or owner on the NKC Reg. Papers when you get your NKC Papers back on your pup out of this cross. Yes they are 100% my old Line of Feist just like the 3 males I own and hunt today are 100% my Line of Feist. I personally think if these 3 pups gets into the right hands that will give them plenty of wood time they should tree one day in the future. "JMO only!" Good luck to anyone that buys one of these pups. Jerry

• Like 1

Mr. Richard Turner started JO-JO that treed his first squirrel out in the woods at Richards house 1 day before he turned 3 months old for Mr. Delane Widner. Richard also started my Toby dog I own and hunt at this time for Mr. Delane Widner. JO-JO was a couple years older than Toby was when Delane picked him up around 5 months old at Richards house. Delane was walk hunting Toby by himself and killing squirrels with him when he was 5 months old. He posted a video on here of Toby treeing a squirrel at that age while he was hunting him by himself. According to what Delane said, when he was walk hunting JO-JO with Toby on the ground together at the same time, Toby was treeing squirrels that JO-JO could not smell that he was knocking out to him when Toby was only 5 months old. Toby's Dam Termite was JO-JO's full litter mate sister and Toby's Sire was my Black-N-White Pistol dog. I line bred Pistol back to his Niece Termite and got Toby. Termite's Sire was my Sport dog which was Pistol's full litter mate brother. Toby had a colder nose on him than JO-JO had because of the way he was line bred. He was doubled up going back to my colder nose line of Feist when I line bred Pistol back to a female off of his brother Sport. It is pretty neat to hunt a real young 5 month old pup on the ground together with a pretty good 2.5 your old dog and see that young pup tree squirrels accurately that the older dog can not smell or knows a squirrel is in the area. Thanks for reading. Take care and have a great day. Jerry

Thanks everyone! Thanks for all the info Jerry. I’m always impressed by your memory lol. I wish mine was that good. To me buddy these are roper feist your the mastermind behind them. These are some really nice acting pups for there age. I wouldn’t never guarantee a pup. But of the roper dogs I’ve been around they just need hunted. They all seem to have a good natural game drive and tree minded. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, LP_Thornsbury said:

Thanks everyone! Thanks for all the info Jerry. I’m always impressed by your memory lol. I wish mine was that good. To me buddy these are roper feist your the mastermind behind them. These are some really nice acting pups for there age. I wouldn’t never guarantee a pup. But of the roper dogs I’ve been around they just need hunted. They all seem to have a good natural game drive and tree minded. 

Thanks LP. I could not have made a cross any better than you and Hunter made. My Rowdy dogs is these pups Grandpa on the Dam side of their breeding and my Toby dog is their Grate Grandpa on the Dam side of their breeding. Little Daisy is the Grandma on their Dam side of their breeding and my Old Daisy is their Grate Grandma on their Dam side of their breeding. What I have already posted about the Sire Buck side of their breeding speaks for itself. Take care and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Jerry

I want to give y'all something to think about. How much do each one of y'all personally know about the Sire, Dam, and Ancestors of the Sire and Dam of the pup/dog/dogs you own and hunt at this time? Was the Sire, Dam, and Ancestors of the Sire and Dam of your pup/dog/dogs "ALL" good proven accurate treeing squirrel dogs? I can personally say I do know for a fact that these 3 male pups Sire, Dam, and Ancestors on both the Sire and Dam side of their breeding were "ALL" good proven accurate treeing squirrel dogs. During the last 11 seasons I personally owned and hunted with all the dog I mentioned except to Dam of these pups and I knocked out a average of 522 squirrels per season to their Sire and Ancestors during 4 months of hunting for the last 11 seasons. That is not how many times I walked to them treed each of those seasons, but how many times I found the squirrel they had treed that I knocked out to them during the 4 months I hunted them each of those 11 seasons. How many other people can say that about some pups that they see for sale and tell the truth about them? I have been hunting with their Ancestors for around 36 years now, but I only used my last 11 seasons to make my point. Take care and Happy Thanksgiving to all. Jerry

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Roper's Feist said:

I want to give y'all something to think about. How much do each one of y'all personally know about the Sire, Dam, and Ancestors of the Sire and Dam of the pup/dog/dogs you own and hunt at this time? Was the Sire, Dam, and Ancestors of the Sire and Dam of your pup/dog/dogs "ALL" good proven accurate treeing squirrel dogs? I can personally say I do know for a fact that these 3 male pups Sire, Dam, and Ancestors on both the Sire and Dam side of their breeding were "ALL" good proven accurate treeing squirrel dogs. During the last 11 seasons I personally owned and hunted with all the dog I mentioned except to Dam of these pups and I knocked out a average of 522 squirrels per season to their Sire and Ancestors during 4 months of hunting for the last 11 seasons. That is not how many times I walked to them treed each of those seasons, but how many times I found the squirrel they had treed that I knocked out to them during the 4 months I hunted them each of those 11 seasons. How many other people can say that about some pups that they see for sale and tell the truth about them? I have been hunting with their Ancestors for around 36 years now, but I only used my last 11 seasons to make my point. Take care and Happy Thanksgiving to all. Jerry

....... Here is the name of a few of these pups Ancestors and each one of their results while I owned and hunted them: 1) Jay: During 4 seasons I knocked out over 1,600 squirrels to him that he tree while I was still working. That is not how many time I walked to him treed during those 4 seasons, but how many times I found his squirrel that he accurately treed that I knocked out to him. 2) Old Daisy: I hunted her 9 seasons and I knocked out 2,666 squirrels to her that she treed. That is not how many times I walked to her treed that is how many squirrels she accurately treed that I fount and knocked out to her. 3) Sport: I hunted him 6 seasons and I knocked out over 1,100 squirrels out to him. 4) Baby: I hunted her 6 seasons and I knocked out over 1,100 squirrels to her that she treed accurately. 5) Pistol: I hunted him 6 seasons and I knocked out over 900 squirrels to him that he treed accurately. When I said, "ALL" these pups ancestors were accurate treeing Feist squirrel dogs, I was talking about each of these pups Ancestors that "NAMES" are written on the NKC Reg. Papers back as far as you want to go back on them. No one will ever have this kind of results with any dog or any breed of dog no matter how good that dog may be unless they spend many, many, many hours in the woods hunting with them one on one, just you and them period! "I always have hunted first what I bred and bred later what I hunted!" If the Sire and Dam were not the type of squirrel dogs I liked to hunt, I never bred them period! I only bred the Sire I liked the best to the Dam I liked the best! Hoping I would get one or two pups out of that cross that might be better in certain areas than their Sire and Dam was. I never have made a cross that I was not trying to improve in one way or another their pups. Some crosses worked much better than some others did. Take care and Happy Thanksgiving to each of y'all on SDC. Jerry

7 hours ago, hillbilly stalker said:

Man if I didn't already have one in the batters box, I'd be owning one of them. My daddy don't live but a hop skip and a jump from there in Huntington.

Hillbilly you made the right decision because no one needs but 1 pup per season to start period! Pups are a disease and we can catch that disease over and over when we try to get every pup we see. LP called me when they were first born to see if I wanted a pick of the litter out of the males or females. Yes I would have loved to got one of the females off of him but State Line Dave bought me a very nice female pup "Dotty" that I want to try to get started this season. I tried to get Dave to get her for himself because of the way she was bred. I knew if she made a good squirrel dog that pleased him when he got her trained, she "SHOULD" cross real well over his King dog that I gave him when he was around 6 weeks old. Dave said, he did not want to try to start another pup so he bought her and the owner he bought her from had one of his friends to deliver her to my place. Our squirrel population is very low in the areas I have been hunting this month and if that continues throughout the whole season I probably will not get Dotty treeing her own squirrels this season. At this time I only own Toby, his son Rowdy, and Dotty, so I get to hunt Dotty every time I hunt Toby. I have never like getting a pup off of a first time cross period! Some work and some do not work! I like getting a pup off of a line of proven tree dogs that has had some good results of reproducing some good offspring for several years. Some of them works and some of them do not work also! But it does increase your chances of getting a pup that "SHOULD" tree if given a chance. I am getting to old to take many more chances raising pups off crosses that I know has never been made before. If and that is a very big "IF" Dotty does make a good squirrel dog one day in the future, the way she is bred she "SHOULD" cross real well over Toby one day in the future if I wanted another pup to mess with. The next cross Mr. Cagle and I have talked about making one day is him breeding his Queenie female to my Toby dog which is her Grandpa on her Sire side "Rowdy" side of her breeding. Yes if he decided to make that cross and she has some pups that lives, I would be interested in trying a pup or two out of that cross to see how they turned out. Line breeding like that would be doubling back up on Toby! Take care and good luck with your young dogs and your older dog this season. I will get off of here and load up Toby and Dotty and make a short walk hunt with them this morning and see if he can find a squirrel to tree or not. "He may and he may not!" I walk hunted him and Dotty about 1 hour the other morning and he never made a single bark period! It is what it is and we cannot change it! PS. All those dogs I named above that I knocked out all those squirrels to while I owned and hunted them, I gave away at some point in their life! Some of them I gave away and got back and gave away again later in life! LOL Jerry