Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Finished meat pleasure dog!

#1 User is offline   carman 

• House Broke Pup
  • Group: SDC Subscriber

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:23 PM

Hello all, I would have posted this in the Wanted section but I figured I would not get many views or replies. Anyhow, I'm looking for a good finished meat pleasure dog. Don't care about age just as long as it's not getting to old. Also don't care about papers or color. I live in Michigan so we get quite a bit of deep snow up here sometimes so a cur, hound, some kind of cross or if it's a Feist, it would have to be a larger fiest with legs under it! I have a younger cur and also on that's around 4 yrs old that I will trade or put money with to boot or just buy the dog out right in the woods. I finally figured out that I just don't have the time and work to much to take a pup or young dog from start to finish. So I need one that's already finished out. The dog needs tree squirrels, I'll say that again, the dog needs to tree squirrels! A good pleasure meat dog where I come from will usually tree a limit most times when your out. Sometimes not, but most. Needs to timber and also be able to squirrels when they are layed up in the tree and have not been down yet. A good layup dog!
I know there are good honest people out there and some good pleasure dogs too! So if you have one or know of one, please let me know. Thanks, Matt. You can call or text 269-275-2039.

Page 1 of 1

Other Replies To This Topic

#2 User is offline   EDDIE ODELL 

• Drives the truck

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:53 AM

GOOD LUCK

#3 User is offline   Roper's Feist 

• Drives the truck

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:46 AM

EDDIE ODELL, on 20 March 2017 - 04:53 AM, said:

GOOD LUCK

............ X 2, If you can find you a good young started dog 18/24 months old the right size that can do most things "not all yet" that you are asking for, then it should get better as you hunt it and it matures and gets older. When I was working I had to buy that type of squirrel dog myself because I was like you, I did not have time to start one from a 6 week old pup and train it. Working for Marietta Power as a Lineman, I never knew when I would be off work or for how long unless I took a week or two of vacation so I could hunt my dogs. I think you can find a good young dog like this much quicker and easier that can tree several squirrels on most hunts you take it on if you put it is some areas that has a few squirrels each time. Good luck. Jerry

This post has been edited by Roper's Feist: 20 March 2017 - 07:47 AM

#4 User is offline   spenccj1 

• Just Whelped

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:07 AM

Same here, good luck. I'm looking for a decent combo dog and have posted in the wanted section. Hard to train a puppy when working 60 hours a week. I haven't got any replies, there is a lot more activity on the ukc site but I prefer the fact you should have more information and easier contact from this site. I wish the classifieds were more active here. Facebook seems to be getting a lot of the traffic as well.

#5 User is offline   RUN-N-LATE 

• Can run with the Big dogs

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:38 AM

Spencc, what's the site you go to on Facebook. Just wondering. Mark

#6 User is offline   carman 

• House Broke Pup

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:53 AM

Thanks guys, I'm looking and they are hard to find. I put a ad on UKC also. Good site. What is the facebook site name?

#7 User is offline   spenccj1 

• Just Whelped

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:02 AM

Try this link

https://www.facebook...33198240125698/

#8 User is offline   carman 

• House Broke Pup

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:58 PM

Thanks for moving my post

#9 User is offline   mt11 

• Eats hard food

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:10 PM

I have a six year old female quarter feist three quarter cur dark brindle about forty pounds collar broke if you have squirrels she will fill your sack she is a stay put tree dog will not leave tree until you tell her to has treed lay ups will show in woods $2000

This post has been edited by mt11: 22 March 2017 - 01:11 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users